2018-19 IFHCK Indoor Programs- Prospective Membership Guide
*PLEASE READ THIS INDOOR PROGRAM REVIEW DOCUMENT IN ITS ENTIRETY BEFORE PROCEEDING*
IFHCK Indoor (Winter) Programs Review HERE
About Indoor Select Academy:
2018-19 INDOOR ACADEMY-SELECT PLAYERS
U-12 & U-14
U-16 & U-19
Select Academy is for players that are more committed to developing their skills and wish to spend more time playing field hockey. Players that want to be on the “Travel teams” MUST sign up for SELECT ACADEMY TRIAL ASSESSMENT- Players must complete a trial assessment for placement into this program OR be invited by IFHCK Program Directors based on past performance at the Indoor travel events. Participation in the Select Academy does not guarantee a spot on an Travel Academy. Teams will be selected from the players within the Select Academy to represent IFHCK at the National, Regional and / or local events. Assessment of players for selection to travel teams will occur during the assessment trial and/or during regular sessions (if applicable)
Winter training is twice a week for 1.5 hours during the week and / or weekend for twelve weeks on indoor hard court surface.
We want the athlete who has a competitive attitude and the will to win. This is not a recreational club program; training and tournaments are high level play and we plan to field the most competitive teams possible.
• Equipment required: Indoor Stick, mouth guard, shin guard, water bottle, notebook with the pencil or pen, no cleats, no jewelry, indoor shoes. Goalies need to bring their own equipment
• When: Dec 2 – Feb 27 (U-12- U-19) (Based on each age group last event is completed)
•Training Days: Wed's/ Sun's | Estimated Times: Wed's; 12/5, 12/12, 12/19, 1/2, 1/9, 1/16, 1/23, 1/30, 2/6, 2/13, 2/20-
4:15-5:45 pm (U-12)), 5:30-7 (U-14), 6:45-8:15 (U-16), 8-9:30 (U-19)
Sun's: 12/2, 12/9, 1/6, 1/20, 2/3, 2/10, 2/17 -8:30-10 am (U-16), 9:45-11:15 am (U-19), 11-12:30 pm (U-14)
Sat's- 12/8, 12/22, 1/5, 1/19, 2/2, 2/9, 2/16- 12-1:30 pm (U-12's)
• No sessions during Legal Holiday’s and / or weekends during Holidays! Dec. 24 – Jan 1!
• Attendance Policy: *Select / Elite Academy*: Athletes MUST attend min. 80% of their total sessions to qualify and maintain their travel team standings.
• Where: Springhurst LSA- 4109 Simcoe Lane Louisville, KY, 40241
• Session Fee: $485-$535 (U-12. U-14), $555 (U-16 & U-19) (this does not include any travel event(s) fee; local, regional and national).
Note: Any player who is not selected into the Indoor Select Academy will have the opportunity to Sign -Up for the Premier Academy or Rise Academy after the trial based on first come, first served basis, within time frame provided by IFHCK.
Tournaments & Play Days: The selected “travel players” are required to attend Regional and National events. Selected players will compete in local, regional tournaments, national qualifiers and with success in the qualifiers at the National Indoor Tournament. Travel dates, locations and estimated cost TBA. after the selections.
All athletes should bring an indoor field hockey stick, mouthguard, shinguards, indoor court shoes (NO CLEATS), indoor field hockey glove for left hand if available and water.
Location: LSA - 4109 Simcoe Lane Louisville, KY, 40241
2018-19 IFHCK Select Academy Tournaments-Events